What We Look For
A TNSer is someone who takes pride in providing excellent service for clients and team members. This individual is engaged, open minded, eager to learn and wants to be a contributing member. Being able to share technical experiences and learning from each other is a key element to our culture. Today, we are seeking a motivated Sales Engineer who has a solid knowledge of desktop, server, storage and networking concepts to work with our extraordinary sales and engineering teams. You will work independently on complex tasks designing innovative solutions. If you are up for the challenge, this is an opportunity of a lifetime to work with a team that has already earned us a spot on the MSP501 ranking list.
- Assist Sales Representatives with technical knowledge pertaining to the products and services offered by the company
- Perform technical discoveries to augment business-oriented discoveries (conducted by the sales person) for the purposes of sales presentations
- Perform necessary due diligence to quantify both the products and service necessary for the purposes of quantifying project scope
- Interpret client requirements and speak with clients or prospects to understand their needs and ensure understanding by the Sales Representative
- Work with sales team and management to quantify pricing for all new recurring, and non-recurring revenue opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments/teams by acting as a conduit to/from the sales team.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings by attending trade shows, conferences, and other related events
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance/product education to the sales team, clients, and prospects
- Work with the procurement department to ensure accuracy of quotations
Work Experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, engineering or other related areas.
- 6-8 Years of working IT experience preferably in a sales-related capacity
- Polished presence in terms of client interaction and comfortable presenting in front of others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and active listener for comprehension of the issues presented by clients and prospects
- Work well independently and as a team member
- Technical background, with previous experience in a technical and/or sales role
- Enjoy working with clients and external audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with a focus on Visio, Excel and Word
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Knowledge in areas of local and wide area network management and administration including routers, firewalls and switches
- Knowledge of cloud-based offerings, hosted e-mail systems, telecommunications and data communications; standard operating systems, software packages, and software utilities
- Knowledge of the latest Windows server and desktop-based (including Mac) Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Tier 1 – Tier 3 Storage Systems such as DAS, NAS, SAN, and cloud-based storage
- Knowledge of BDR products, specifically Datto
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop Solutions/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits
- Medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, 401(k) with match
- Paid vacation, paid parking, education and certification training.
- Employee referral program and a company wide commission plan for all employees and more.